Lone Warrior Editor Rich Barbuto reports that issue No. 202 of the magazine for solo wargamers is in the final stages of production and will be electronically distributed within a few days. Here’s a preview of the contents:
- “Blockade Runner Part II,” by Jeffrey G. Chorney: Skullduggery in the American Civil War — spies, intrigue and even Captain Nemo.
- “A Star Wars Battle,” by Mike Crane: A game with counters and make-them-yourself X-wings, Tie fighters and bombers engaged in a space battle, with a game report too.
- “F4UF-Corsair ‘Whistling Death’ 1944,” by Preston Shah: Ideas for air operations in the South Pacific.
- “The Siege of Lyme Regis 1644, a Solo Campaign,” by Paul Le Long. Campaigning the English Civil War, with rules for recreating an historical battle.
- “‘Sophie is Going to the Seaside’ BBC 9 O’Clock News,” by Rob Morgan: Ideas for gaming World War II German armor vs. French resistance, British commandos and Allied air.
- “Terrain 101 — Back to the Drawing Board,” by George Arnold. Ideas for constructing micro-terrain for smaller scale figures.
- “Battlegroup: Modern Warfare,” by Kevin White. Easy rules for modern combat, with tanks, recon and helicopters.
All this in a packed 57 pages, with color photos, illustrations, charts, game counters and even some advertising by gamers for gamers. Coming soon!