The latest issue of Lone Warrior magazine, No. 196, is being prepared for delivery in the next few days. Here’s an early look at the contents:
- “Corps Commander (Napoleonic).” Kevin White provides rules for fighting large-scale Napoleonic battles on the table.
- “Simple Battleship Models.” George Arnold describes how he made some simple pre-dreadnought ship models.
- “Solo Role-Playing Campaigns.” Preston Shah tells readers how he designs some simple solo games.
- “Armies of the Russo-Polish War, 1919-1921.” Rob Morgan reviews an Osprey book on the subject and adds suggestions for figures to game the period.
- “Phased Movement.” The late Walter (Wally) Simon offers some tips on using card decks to randomize movement during games. (From a very early issue of Lone Warrior.)
- “Meeple HQ.” Paul Le Long has his own ideas for randomizing unit movement.
- “Shiloh – 1862.” Rich Barbuto explains how he created a game based on The Battle of Shiloh, but not focused on the larger, historical battle. With rules.
- “I Know Those Orcs …” Jonathan Aird discusses the background of a set of Orc figures that were described in a previous issue of Lone Warrior.
All that, with plenty of color photos, illustrations and more. Coming soon.