The latest issue of Lone Warrior is in the final stages of production and will be e-mailed to subscribers in the coming days, according to Editor Rich Barbuto.
Here’s a preview of the contents:
- “An Affair of Honor” by Marvin Scott. Using “Chainmail” rules from the 1970s to stage a joust.
- “Escape From Colditz” by Paul Le Long. Some variations on an old board game to make it suitable for repeated solo play.
- “Shields Up” by Kevin White. Fast-play rules for space combat among starships.
- “Command and out of Control” by George Arnold. Different ways of limiting your general’s options during solo play.
- “Campaigns: Do I really need a map?” by Kevin White. Ideas for campaigning with or without a map to guide you.
- “Traveller: Solo Role-Playing in the Far-Future Imperium” by Preston Shah. Some new solo ideas for the old GDW role-playing game.
- “American Civil War: A Solo Wargamer’s Perspective on Tactics” by Graham Empson. Summarizing 50 years of gaming research on the tactics of the ACW.
- “Even More Mayhem” by Kevin White. More refinements to the author’s set of rules for medieval combat using playing cards.
- “Writing for Lone Warrior” by Mike Crane. A regular contributor writes about his experiences with this journal.
With some concluding thoughts from the Editor and the usual assortment of color photos, maps and charts. On the way soon!